Financial Aid

Financial Aid

To apply for financial aid through the federal government you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.

High school seniors may begin applying January 1 for the year in which it will take effect. You will need to provide information from parent/guardian tax forms. Estimates may be used if taxes are not complete and updated later with actual numbers. Once a FAFSA is submitted, your official financial aid results should arrive within four to six weeks. This is called your Student Aid Report (SAR). The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is another factor to financial aid money. EFC is the amount of money that your family should be able to contribute toward your education. Colleges use the number from your SAR and your EFC to determine your financial aid package. If your family’s financial situation changes (i.e. a parent becomes unemployed, increased medical expenses, etc.) let your financial aid office know and ask for a reassessment.

Financial aid is also available from your college or state. Scholarships or other financial aid programs are available on campus through your financial aid office.

To obtain federal grant money, you must complete a FAFSA form as early as possible. Grants do not need to be repaid; loans are repaid; work-study allows you to work while going to school.

Helping Students Pay for College

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

There are three ways that a student can complete the FAFSA

1. Apply online at

2. Download and complete a PDF version of the FAFSA at

3. Request a paper FAFSA by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or 1-319-337-5665.


Federal Student Aid website

Financial Aid Guide

The SmartStudentTM Guide to Financial Aid

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.